How to setup my NTC dialer?
- Double click on My Computer icon.
- Double click on Dial up Networking icon.
- Single right click on NTC icon.
- Single left click on Properties.
- Remove the tick mark from use Country Code and Area Code by a single left click on it.
- Click on Server Type tab.
- Place tick marks on Log on to Network and Enable Software Compression in Advanced options and remove tick marks from NetBEUI and IPX/SPX compatible in allowed network protocols.
- Click on TCP/IP Settings.
- Click on Server Assigned IP Address.
- Click on Ok and again on Ok to close all dialogue boxes.
How to make a shortcut of the NTC dialer?
- Click on My Computer icon.
- Click on Dial up Networking icon.
- Single right click on NTC.Net icon.
- Click on create shortcut, Windows will prompt you to make this shortcut on the Desktop.
- Click on Yes.
- Close all dialogue boxes. Now you are ready to connect to NTC.Net by double clicking the icon, shortcut to NTC.Net.
When I try to connect, why do I get a message telling me to recheck my password?
Make sure that you type only your login name and not your whole e-mail address in the "user name" field on the connection screen. Also make sure that it is typed exactly as it should be. The servers are case and spelling sensitive. Sometimes, it is the dialer that needs to be replaced with a new file, but try to reboot the computer first and then check the user name and password.
Why do I keep getting dropped while connected?
Do you have call waiting? Have you been idle (not loading a page or sending an e-mail or making a file transfer) through the server for more than just a few minutes? Is there any disturbance on the phone line? Did you get an error of illegal operation while you were connected? Are you using a 56K modem that is in conflict with the modem of your Internet Service Provider? Please check for these factors as they generally cause line drops.
How can I change my account password?
To change your login password, click on the link saying " Change Password" under button “members services” at Home Page. There give your login, old password and new password, Then click on "Submit" Button to change password.
I changed my password but now I don't remember it. What should I do?
You can get your password changed by visiting our main office or making a call at help line 111-999-998. You just have to give us your Pin Code or your N.I.D number for authentication. We issue the new password and Pin Code immediately.
How can I check the hours left in my account?
Click on the Account Information link on the home page. It will take you to the Account Information page where you can view your time left and usage detail by entering you login and password.
I have a 56K modem, but I never get 56K connection. why?
There are many factors that determine the speed of connection you get on the internet. Line noise/disturbance, distance from connecting modem, traffic on the lines, and other conflicts can slow down the potential connection speed. There are many published modem strings that can streamline a signal and possibly increase connection rate. They are specific to the modem's manufacturer and models. The related documentation is available on web.