How can I configure my Outlook? (Email Setting in Outlook Express)
- Open the OUTLOOK EXPRESS and click on TOOLS.
- Click on ACCOUNTS and then on MAIL.
- Click on ADD, then click on MAIL.
- Type your Name in the DISPLAY NAME for example Name. Then click on NEXT.
- Type your email address for example: someone@yourdomain, then click on NEXT.
- In the Incoming Mail Server (IMAP), type mail.ntc.net.pk.
In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP), type mail.ntc.net.pk.
- Click on NEXT. Click on Log on Using.
- In IMAP Account Name, type in your login ID for example user.
- In the PASSWORD, type in your email password. Click on NEXT.
- Click on FINISH.
Is my E-mail password the same as my account password?
Here at NTC, the initial password that we allocate to you is used for logging in and also for accessing E-mail. However if you change your account (logging) password, then your e-mail password does not change and remains the same unless you change it as well.
- Click on FINISH.
When I try to get mail the following pop up window appears. "No POP3 host has been specified in preferences".
- This error occurs when the name of the mail server is missing.
Click on the options on the menu bar.
Click on the "Mail and News Preferences"
Click on the "Servers" tab.i
n the edit Windows "Outgoing Mail (SMTP) server" and "Incoming Mail.
- POP3) server" type in the name or DNS entries of your ISP's mail server.
(NTC mail server: mail.ntc.net.pk).
How can I view my mail from NTC if I am out of the country?
We offer NTC Web Mail for you. Now you can access your email from anywhere in the world by just clicking NTC Web Mail at our home page.
How can I change my e-mail password?
- To change your email password:
- Click on the link saying " Customer Care " on Home Page.
- Click on the link saying " Change Passowrd " under Web Email Section on Customer Care Page.
- New Page will open with User Accounts , Domain Name and Password fields.
- Enter User Account.
- Enter Domain Name.
- Enter Current Passoword and click " Login ".
- New Page will open with New Password, Passowrd(again) fields.
- Enter New Password .
- Enter Password(again).
- Click on " Modify User ".
- Your email password has been changed.
- Click " Logout ".
Why do I get illegal operations when I check my e-mail?
Sometimes, the "inbox" in mail program becomes corrupted. When you check your mail, the inbox files need to be working properly to accept the new messages. To fix this problem, in most cases, all you need to do is delete the inbox and let the program recreate it as needed. To do this in Windows95, you can go to [start] [find files or folders] and type, "inbox". For Netscape Mail, you will need to highlight and delete the file "inbox" and the file "inbox.snm". For Internet Mail, you will need to highlight and delete the files "inbox.idx" and "inbox.mbx". For these and other mail programs you can also go to the File Manager in Windows 3.1 or the Windows Explorer in Win95 and follow the path to your mail program and delete the inbox from there. (Click the hard drive, then look for the program's folder (Netscape, etc…) and double-click it and then look for the mail folder and highlight and delete the inbox.) This solution will also delete the messages currently stored in the inbox, but will, in most cases correct the problem.
How do I view an attachment in my e-mail?
If you are using a Microsoft product, such as Internet Mail or Outlook Express, you double click on the "paper clip" in the message list and it will open the attachment. If you are using a Netscape product, such as Netscape Mail or Communicator, you go to the bottom of the message and click on the "link" to the attachment.
Why does my mail program tell me that I am receiving message 1 of messages but I don't get any mail?
When there is a message that is too large to be retrieved from the server, it acts as a cork of sorts, clogging up the mail box. Your computer is "told" that there are messages, but is unable to download them. If a message is too large to retrieve, it can be deleted on request by our technical support staff.
When I compose mail and press 'Send' the following pop up window appears. "An error occurred sending mail. The mail server responded invalid address syntax. Please verify that your email address is correct in your mail and news Preferences".
You have not typed in the username in the "Your E-mail" and "Reply-to Address" in the "Identity" tab page in the "Mail and News Preferences".
What if I don't use the respective hours purchased in any of the hourly plans in one month?
There is no time limit for using the purchased hours in the Hourly Usage Plan.
How long does it take to get an Internet connection from NTC?
After the submission of the application form it takes fifteen minutes for the account to be activated.